- When will we have large tests?
- At least once a quarter. This quarter was 5 quizzes and 1 test.
- When is it best to use the first derivative test vs. second derivative test [for local extrema]?
- Whenever possible use first derivative test.
- When will we get to integrals?
- November. Are you in a rush?
- Do we still need to remember the limit definition of derivative?
- Yes, but L'Hospital's Rule will help with this soon.
- How prominent are related rates on the AP exam?
- Varies from year to year. I'd say at least a multiple choice question.
- Do we need to remember the second derivative test?
- "So like you can use the first derivative for relative maxima and minima and the second derivative for concavity, right?
- Yes. Make sure you can explain in a sentence why max/mis and points of inflection exist.
Saturday, October 22, 2016
Questions Asked 10/21/16
Posted by Patrick Morrissey at 1:25 PM